How Do I...
Become a member of the Drumheller Public Library and enjoy all the benefits of membership. As a cardholder, you can check out materials from the Drumheller Public Library and use our online catalogue, where you can request materials from other member libraries, renew current loans, and check your account online. Cardholders also have access to a wide variety of digital resources.
To get a library card, bring ID showing your legal name* and current address to the Library and fill in a registration card. Library cards are free to anyone living in or around Drumheller. If you're just visiting Drumheller and already have a library card from another Alberta library, you can register it for use at the Drumheller Library at ME Libraries.
*Though your legal name is require to get a card, it does not have to be the name shown on your account.
You can request a card online and pick it up during open hours. Please bring a piece of photo ID when you come to pick up your card.
The Regional Automation Consortium (TRACpac)
The TRACpac catalogue contains materials housed in 170+ libraries within the Marigold Library System, the Yellowhead Library System, the Northern Lights Library System, and the Peace Library System. Please search here first.
- Search for materials by title, author, subject, and keyword
- Request items online
- Renew items online
- Place holds on most materials, and cancel holds you no longer want
Search for and place holds on materials from any participating Alberta Public or Academic Library with the Relais D2D Inter-Library Loan service. Just log in with your library card barcode and password (set up as the last 4 digits of your phone number).
Your default PIN/PASSWORD is the last four digits of your phone number. You can change your PIN/PASSWORD when logged into your TRACpac account. If you are unsure of what your PIN/PASSWORD is, or would like to reset it, you can contact us by phone 403-823-1371 or email email@example.com.
To place a hold on a library item, log in on TRACpac with your Library card number and password (usually the last four digits of your phone number).
- Click on the search bar, type in what you're looking for and click the magnifying glass on the right or press ENTER.
- Check the type of format available (book, audiobook on CD, Large Print, etc.) and ensure that the format is one you enjoy reading.
- Click "Where Is It?" on the right of the item listing to view the list of available copies. Check if your library has a copy and whether or not it is available. If there is a copy available you can go to the library and check it out without placing a hold.
- If your library does not have a copy or it is checked out, click the "Place Request" button at the right and follow instructions from there. If you wish to place more holds then click "Return to search results" at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, click "Log Out" in the top right corner of the screen. If you are logged in, and want a requested item to be sent to your usual library, you can also use the new "One-Click Request" button for much quicker ordering.
You may place up to 25 holds at one time. Books are held for 1 week once received at the Drumheller Public Library and then sent back if not picked up. Please remember to suspend holds before going on vacation. You will keep your place in line, and ensure you're home when your items arrive!
Most library materials can be renewed unless:
- There is a request on the item
- You have reached the maximum renewal limit on the item (2)
- There is an outstanding balance on your account higher than $10
- Your library card has expired
There are 3 ways to renew your Library items:
1) You can access the Library catalogue online by visiting TRACpac:
- Click on My Account
- Login using your Library card number and password (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number)
- Select the Items Out button
- Click the boxes to the left of the items you want to renew.
- At the end of the list, click "Renew Selected Items"
2) Call the Library (403-823-1371) to renew items. You will need your library barcode number to confirm your account.
3) Take the items you wish to renew and your card to the counter at the Library and ask a staff member for help.
Books, Audiobooks, DVD Box Set & TV Shows, Magazines, Maker Kits, and Musical Instruments
Movies (DVDs & Blu-rays)
Please Note: If your items are successfully renewed, the regular check out period (see above) will be added to your loan from the day you request the renewal. For example, if your book is due on November 14th, but you renew it early, on November 7th, your new due date will be November 28 (November 7 plus 21 days).
You can view your fines online at TRACpac by logging into your account using your card number and password or by contacting the Library at 403-823-1371.
- $0.10 per day for Books, Audiobooks, DVDs, Blu-rays, and Magazines
- For items borrowed through TRAC from another library, overdue fines will be charged at the lending Library's rate
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if fines or other penalties are greater than $10.00
- Borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost of lost or damaged items
We can only accept payments by cash or cheque.
Thank you for thinking of us! All donations of books and other items must be made at the front desk. Staff will determine whether the materials you would like to donate meet library needs at this time. At the discretion of library staff, donated materials may be added to our collection, given to other libraries or sold in our book sales.
- Books, movies on DVD or Blu-ray, and audiobooks on CD in good or like-new condition
- Supplies for current library programs (e.g. LEGO, jigsaw puzzles, supplies for our maker kit collection, etc.)
We Do Not Accept:
- Materials in poor or dirty condition
- Textbooks, encyclopedias, and magazines (these go out of date too quickly)
Donations of Money, Equipment, Furnishings, Art, Magazine Subscriptions, etc.
Donations of Money
- Income tax deductible receipts are available for donations over $10
- Individual and group donations may be acknowledged by the Library Director and/or Library Board Chairperson
- Cash donations may be made in person or online through CanadaHelps to either the Drumheller Public Library (funds go to support current Plan of Service projects) or the Drumheller Library Society (funds support special projects)
Donations of Equipment, Furnishings, Art, etc.
- The Library Director, in consultation with the Board, reserves the right to reject donations that do not suit current Library needs, and to remove and dispose of donated items when they become obsolete.
Donations of Magazine Subscriptions (Adopt-a-Subscription)
- Income tax deductible receipts are available upon request
- Individuals may make suggestions of new magazines or sponsor an existing title that is not currently "adopted"
Marigold allows Drumheller Library members access to many different online eBook and audiobook resources. Most of these resources require that you download their app and log in using your library card number and password.
OverDrive/Libby - eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, comics
Hoopla - eBooks, audiobooks, music, movies, comics
Cloud Library - eBooks, audiobooks
Cantook Station (Read Alberta Books) - eBooks published in Alberta
TumbleBook Library - online collection of animated, talking picture books for kids
Marigold provides instructional brochures and video tutorials for these and many more digital resources. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have regarding digital resources, or set up a tech tutoring appointment to help you set up your accounts or for more in depth tutorials.